3SC Environmental Survey: further reducing the impact our activities have on the environment
3SC are fully committed to reducing the impact they, and their activities, have on the environment. To support this, we implement an Environmental Management System that meets the standards of ISO 14001, however, we are aware that there is always more we can do.
To try and further reduce the impact our activities have on the environment we carried out an environmental survey with 3SC staff at the beginning of May 2020. The aim of the survey was to help us to better understand the awareness staff have about the impact of their work activities on the environment, what else they could be doing and what further help/guidance they need.
The survey asked 3SC Staff about their:
- motivation to reduce their impact on the environment;
- awareness of the miles they travel for business purposes and the impact that their journeys have on the environment;
- attitude to printing and paper use;
- awareness of the environmental impact of not recycling waste products; and
- attitude to the use of energy and natural resources.
Responses about staff’s awareness of the impact of their work activities on the environment and sustainability were positive:
- All staff who took part in the survey showed they have at least a general understanding of environmental and sustainability issues.
- All staff are motivated to save energy and natural resources where possible and provided some thoughts and ideas for how this can be done.
- No staff show a lack of awareness of their environmental impact or a lack of motivation to reduce their impact on the environment.
The responses and outcomes of the survey, along with the comments and ideas staff shared, will contribute to the development of guidance for staff to help us to further reduce our impact on the environment.
A full copy of the 3SC Environmental Survey Report can be found below:
Gareth Snaith, Contract Performance Manager, 3SC